- Construction management of a 26 week build on a Victorian Industrial site with contaminated land.
- Supervised the design and procurement of the building from initial planning drawings to construction issue.
- Demolished and remediated the site to allow the construction of a steel framed, clad storage facility with a 3 level storage mezzanine with reception and facilities as well as secure parking facility.
- A 42 week construction management and procurement office project
- Oversight of full design management from planning to post completion.
- Traditional brick and blockwork main structure on strip foundations, a flat roof construction with a steel framed pavilion and a meeting space area with a zinc feature roof.
- Continuous design development and value engineering during the build, to suit the client’s requirement.
- A 7 week challenging refurbishment project undertaken within a fully operational store and delivered without effecting the store’s trading.
- Precision phasing to allow continuous day & night shifts and minimize any impact
- Full sales floor refurbishment including new ceilings, refrigeration, lighting and back wall counters and a new concept café. Back of house refurbishment and extensive external works; including car park and new seating area.
- New build of a commercial marina building including office, shower and laundry facilities and a fully fitted out apartment, delivered over 22 weeks.
- Worked closely with the client to review, manage and guide the initial design stages to deliver the fastest construction possible.
- Constructed from structural insulated timber panels, the system was designed by Kingspan and delivered and constructed in 2 weeks, to give a significant programme advantage
- A 48 week steel frame build, redesigned to meet the client’s budget and delivered within programme.
- Engaged as construction managers and all packages placed direct with our cost management service.
- Achieved £300k below the client’s target, delivering better than the market, and on time.
- Project built to the full extent of the site including the construction of a 7000m3 secant piled basement, located over one of the main water supplies into London, and with excavation taken off site via a shared access road.
- Incorporated various cladding materials including a living wall with internal 6 storey mezzanine.
WHSmith Head Office
- Refurbishment of the WH Smith head office over 25 weeks, working over 7 floors and numerous communal work areas, within a fully live and operational office environment.
- Detailed phasing of completed floors and work areas in order to stagger the migration of WH Smith personnel from their existing building.
- Early engagement ensured full support with the formation of the design team and meticulous value engineering, in order to establish and meet the client’s budget and scope.
Waitrose, Innovation Kitchen
- A 12 week D&B project that delivered the realisation of Waitrose’s long-awaited vision, to create a state-of-the-art development kitchen, within their Bracknell head office campus.
- The site included the fit out of a main development kitchen, an innovation kitchen to support product and proposition development, supplier demonstration kitchens, flexible presentation and broadcasting space, and an innovation space to hot desk, meet and create ideas.
- Detailed management of noise programming, as the site was an internal fit out across the ground floor of a Waitrose office building and was surrounded by live operational offices.
- The project successfully completed on time and on budget and was officially opened by HRH Prince Charles.
Tyne & Wear
- A 17 week full construction management project to convert an existing building, Meridian House, to a self-storage facility including the installation of a single-tier mezzanine and 12 external storage units.
- Structural demolitions and soft strip of the existing ground and first floor offices areas.
- Construction of new lift pits and general perimeter opening for new external new roller shutter doors and new fire exits.
- A full D&B mechanical and electrical installation and alterations were completed, ensuring the existing substation sited in the building footprint was maintained.
- Externally, the building fabric received new over cladding and decoration to the existing facades, complimented with a new building signage and reception over cladding.
- A 24 week construction management project of a new domestic storage facility including a 3 level mezzanine and offices.
- Removal of a 15,000 m3 Victorian Gasometer and ancillary buildings.
- Careful management of noise and dust in a residential setting.
- 278 highway works for new site entrance
- The site has been nominated for an award for the CCS (considerate constructor’s scheme).
- A full sales floor and back of house refurbishment over 8 weeks in a live trading environment and a town centre location.
- Complete strip out of existing café to refit with a new concept café and toilet facilities.
- Phased schedule to replace existing store’s refrigeration including cold stores.
- All new sales floor equipment, cabinets, check outs and meat & fish deli counters carried out over 8 weeks of nights including a 1 week shutdown.
- External works to façade and canopies.
- An 8 week store refurbishment, scheduled during and around live trading hours.
- Demolishment of existing entrance lobby and structural modifications.
- Car park remodelling for better flow.
- Full strip out of sales floor including new equipment, replacement ceilings, feature bulkheads and LED lighting undertaken over a programme of nights.
Waitrose Fulfilment Centre, Enfield
- A 25 week D&B refurbishment project undertaken with sectional completion dates to allow a staged occupation of the new Waitrose Customer Fulfilment Centre.
- Successfully appointed after a 2 stage tender process, UC Build worked closely with the design team to navigate design and cost challenges to achieve the completion of the new facility on time and within budget.
- The project encompassed extensive works including a new large 2MVA electrical substation with backup generator, construction of a new Vehicle Maintenance Unit building, refurbished and upgraded office and welfare areas, new chilled coldstore and refurbished chilled and frozen cold rooms, warehouse racking and significant external groundworks and new vehicle axle weigher.